A DIET EVOLUTION
NO WHEAT, NO DAIRY, NO SUGAR

Monday, April 4, 2011

Good Monday morning. Everyone wants to know what to have for breakfast. Depending on your allergies or sensitivies, there are options out there. A good breakfast will help start your day with essential vitamins. There has to be some form of protein, like eggs but if you find eggs constipating maybe an alternative cereal like I make. Quinoa Museli I take a 3 cup container, add 1/2 cup of quinoa flakes, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds or ground chia, pepitas, and fill it up with ground flax seed. Mix well to combine. I usually chop up half an apple put in bottom of small bowl. I put about 1/2 cup of the museli on top, pour boiling water to moisten and a good big tsp. of cinnamon. Mix and add 2 tbsp. of flax oil. As you can see protein in the quinoa flakes and seeds. Lots of omega 3's from the ground flax and flax oil. Fibre from the apple, seeds and ground flax. The cinnamon maintains a healthy blood balance. This is a favorite with my home made bread that I will post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment